For more volunteer opportunities, see below.
Part-Time Volunteer Position: Stepping Stones, Inc. Public Relations/Media Specialist
Volunteer Reports To: Executive Director & Administrative Coordinator
- Work closely with the Executive Director to increase public exposure of the Stepping Stones program and mission
- Promote our organization in the media by identifying activities appropriate for media coverage<br>
- Seek out opportunities and venues for sharing our work with the public
- Assist with writing, editing, and publishing press releases, media advisories, PSA's, community calendar notices, Facebook postings, and other promotional materials
Ability to organize files for media contacts for local newspapers, radio and other outlets, that can be used by future staff
- Ability to review materials and information gathered from staff and board members events and refine for publishing
- Proven skills in journalism, writing, and publishing
- Training in writing press releases
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
- Knowledge of social media platforms
- Excellent grammatical, spelling, and proofreading abilities
- Respect and maintain confidentiality of program participants
Build your portfolio of work
- Flexible scheduling
- Can work from home
- Help to meet an important social need
This volunteer position is unpaid. Minimum age is 18. May involve 4-10 hours monthly.
Contact Mindy Caron at (812) 339-9771 or e-mail firstname.lastname@example.org.
The following Volunteer Opportunities can be found at our profile on the Bloomington Volunteer Network (BVN).
To apply for any opportunity, please follow the directions from the BVN.